Tuesday, October 26, 2010

On the 26th day of Halloween....

The ghouls brought to me..... PUMPKIN CARVING!!!!! MUHAHAHAHAHA! It is a tradition for mum and I to carve a pumpkin every year. This is a little later in the month than we usually do it, but I'm still excited to get it done. The pumpkins are HUGE! :D Look at mom going to town!






We saved our pumpkin seeds this year. I'm going to save a few and try and cultivate them in the spring and the rest I'm going to bake/roast for mom to eat. The pumpkins were awesome this year. The didn't smell so rotten and gross. Usually the smell is so bad it makes me gag and I can't clean it out. But this year I was able to clean it our without a problem. We will have to buy this type of pumpkin from now on.



Mine is a Pirate!! ARGH!! Hers is just scary. lol. Well I hope your night was a pumpkin filled as mine!!! Pumpkins always make me happier. I'm working both jobs tomorrow so wish me luck. I now leave you with the action shot.

2 comments:

  1. I'm the same way with pumpkin carving. I always loved the results: Jack-o-laterns, seeds, pumpkin pie. But the smell of the goop, and the feeling & sounds of scooping it out made me come close to puking sometimes. I guess it's a good example of the rewards of hard labor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have gifted you three blog awards, the Zombie Kitty, Zombie Rabbit and A Clucking Great Blog cause your worth it! Check the post out at http://faeriesagekitchen.blogspot.com/2010/11/zombie-awards.html Blessed Be

    ReplyDelete