Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sunday Funday!!

I love Sundays!!! With it being my only day off from the work force it's become an amazing day for me. But this Sunday I have slept most of it away. My kitty, Furball, has been really ill the past few months and he's been keeping me up at night and waking me up at like 3am and I'm getting now sleep at all. I'm so exhausted. He's been diagnosed with kidney disease and pretty much it's terminal. At first we were like it's ok, life is terminal, he'll be fine as long as we keep giving him meds. But now it's getting to the point where he isn't eating anything at all, but mostly due to there being a problem with his teeth and him being nauseous. I took him to the vet last week and they gave him an injection for dehydration but other than that they kind of twiddled their thumbs and shrugged their shoulders. They can't clean his teeth because he has a heart murmur and arrhythmia and because he's so old. I refuse to accept this, there is something that they can do. Give him meds for his nausea, at least look at his teeth for longer than 5 seconds, and suggest foods that would be safe for him to eat. Of course, I guess I twiddled my thumbs too since I failed to ask all this, but when you are there alone and have someone in your face telling you there is nothing that can be done..... all I can think of is how much longer do I have with him? So i will be taking him to the vet again this week and I will have a written list of questions and concerns. I still don't think it's fair that you have to pay everything upfront at the vet. If his treatment is $300 then that has to be paid right then and there. If they could bill me or something like a human doctor I could afford to get him hospitalized and on an IV and the works. And maybe then he wouldn't be so restless and starving. It makes me rethink the whole pet thing. I have always had pets throughout my life. More than I could count on my fingers and toes combined. But now I don't know if I will ever want another pet unless I working an amazing $40,000 a year job where I can afford to take him and get the works done. It's not fair that he has to suffer due to my financial disposition. But I guess it's the same with human doctors as well. People can't get treated or given the time of day without the the green to back it up. I don't have insurance right now. I haven't for over a year now. I know first hand how you get snubbed at the hospital or doctors because you're not covered, or how you can't go to get seen unless it's a life or death situation because the bills are unreasonable! I'm just so frustrated with life right now. *sigh* But what's a girl to do?

Well, I avoid life by crafting and getting lost in the sci fi/fantasy worlds written by so many talented authors. So this week I will be sending out two packages of the 3 that I am registered in. My Mabon package is near completion, I'm just wrapping up the very last thing on it. And I am angeling for a Fitness/Lose Weight swap, which I need to get started on crafting for. I know exactly what I am going to make her, I am just lacking materials. Funds have been kind of tight lately because of all the vet visits. But I only need to buy fabric and that shouldn't cost me but so much. I'll be going out later this afternoon or tomorrow morning to get the fabric so that I can get it all taken care of. My final swap doesn't get sent until Oct. 5. And I am slacking on that one. I have everything I want to do and most of the materials. I even have a few things crafted for it, but I am so bogged down with life I haven't been really inspired lately. Although, I'm not gonna lie, she's a cool lady and I can't wait to make everything for her. I had to research her style because I know nothing about wayward and rockabilly fashions. I think after these swaps though I will only be doing the WWP swaps from now on until after the holidays. I still haven't started crafting for Christmas. And that's a problem, because everything is homemade this year (again) and I need to get started now if I am ever going to make this deadline. I love Autumn and winter, and yet they stress me out the most. Stupid holidays. Alas, it is time to go. I must finish sketching up these things so I can go buy fabric (I love the fabric store! I don't know why they won't just hire me there!). G'day loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment