Sunday, September 12, 2010

Unexplainable

I don't know how to say it. The past two weeks are just... well... unexplainable. Furball is still keeping me up and waking me up, but he is feeling better. We revistied the vet Monday and I brought along mom who helped me keep my head on straight and we accomplished some good stuff. He now has meds for nausea and pain relief for his mouth. Too bad we had to be the ones to ask about it..... you tihk since they knew those symptoms were happening they would have said something about it first. We shouldn't have had to ask..... oh well. And they gave us an IV bag full of liquid so we can hydrate him once every two days. ok.... so you read that right? fluids in an IV bag... you know the only way to get them in his body?!? Hook him up to a needle for about 5 minutes.... NEEDLES!!!! Ya know for a woman who sews so much she is constantly pricked hundreds of times a day, I am deathly afraid of needles. Ironic? Pretty much. Funny? Slightly. Nerve racking? ABSOLUTELY! So, I gave him his first IV Wednesday.... it was insane. Easily done but it seriously took a lot in me to conquer my fears and do to him what I hate others doing to me. I mean needles are why I never finished signing up for nursing school. I took all the placement tests and was aquiring financial aid when I decided....shit... I can't do this. Needles and blood my friends..... freak.me.out! But atleast he is feeling better and hopefully we will have him grace us with a few more years. That would make me happy. But in the mean time, I am sooo exhausted. Oh well, on to business as usual. I'm not sure if it's the lack of sleep or knowing my cat is terribly sick but I've had the most dreadful feelings this week. Like something is about to happen and it's not going to be a good thing. Let's keep our fingers crossed that it's all just my sleep deprived mind going on a rampage and it's not really a warning.

Other than my current dose of the crazies (as stated above >_<) I've been doing a lot of crafting and a lot of thinking. I need to take a break from everything. I just need some time to myself. I lie, actually I realized this about a month or so ago and I have been putting it into effect since. I've slowly began a period of isolation from friends and family. The only people I talk to currently are online. Every few years I enter a period of isolation for a few months. It's extremely needed. It allows me to clear my head, reconsider my priorities, rearrange and change things in my life, and deal with whatever I have going on. I'm sure there is some shrink out there who is like, "Why, this isn't healthy!" to which I would reply, "Neither is spreading myself too thin!" long story short, this is my imagination and I just won that argument ;) I'll create a list later tonight or tomorrow when I finish crafting for these swaps and start to reorganize my life a little. I'll give myself a week to really lay it all down. Which is good because the local Mabon and Pagan Pride celebrations are this Saturday and hopefully I will have something to purge and throw in the fire.

And now, to change the subject. On the crafting front I am working on a new quilted duffel bag pattern and have just discovered that one... I suck at designing patterns .........and two, I despise clear vinyl. I think I will have to completely toss the bag I was working on and just try a regular rounded shaped duffel bag. I'm doing this for a swap and it needs to be water proof, hence the clear vinyl. My thought was to make it super water proof. Seriously, she could probably carry water in the duffel bag instead of clothes if she wanted. But I am having the hardest time with working out the zipper closure. Ilove to hate zippers. *sigh* Other than that disaster, I am also working on book binding for the first time. I'll be doing that tonight. I need to do two separate books. And I am finishing a beading project that I am slightly proud of. Pictures will hopefully follow their completion! Well, I've doddled long enough. Back to the craft room!! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. The pattern will turn out. I'm trying figure out how to crochet little boobs on an amigurumi doll. The first few tries have produced weird amigurumi boob implants. :P

    ReplyDelete